Supporting the children and families of Ark Conway Primary Academy
Our in-school mental health support service, Place2Be, has launched a new site for parents and carers called Parenting Smart. The site offers practical advice on supporting your child and managing behaviour with short articles and videos on a range of topics such as transition to secondary school, meltdowns and sleep difficulties. Visit their website to find out more: https://parentingsmart.place2be.org.uk/
Behavioural/ Emotional support
- Behavioural management techniques
- Emotional well-being and self esteem
- Family emergency (private matters)
Learning at home
- Cyber Security for the Whole Family - presented by James McGrinnigle & Marshall Wace.pdf
- Supporting phonics and early reading
- Supporting writing
- Support in teaching mathematics at home
English as an additional language
- Translation services
- Newsletter in another language
- Parental/community support groups
Attendance and punctuality
- Support getting your child to school on time
- Walking trains (parent groups)
- School lunches
- School uniform support
New to the area/community
- Local amenities
- Getting around
Links to local services
- Links with the neighbourhood police/fire/NHS services
- Local cub/scout/brownie/guide groups
There are a number of ways to access the support services here at ARK Conway.
- Make an appointment to speak to the Principal (all meetings are treated as confidential)
- Email email@example.com
Once a meeting has been organised, the Principal will discuss the different ways in which the school can offer support and a support date will be set.
The Principal will then present the case to the Support Service team without naming any parties involved.
The Support team consists of; the chair of governors, community governor and a member of the ARK schools central team. A decision will be made about the amount/ level of support which can be provided and the Principal will share this with the family involved.