How to apply
The academy will admit 30 reception year students each September
Admissions are managed through the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham's school admissions team. Information on Ark Conway Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure, which you can pick up from the council offices. Copies will also be available from most nurseries and early years centres.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the Hammersmith and Fulham website here. Please note that admissions for entry into Reception class 2018 close on 15th January 2018.
Ark Conway Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the academy is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with education and health care plans (EHCPs), where the academy is named on the EHCP. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- the remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
For full details, please see the admissions policy available here:
The local authority will keep a waiting list which is used to fill casual vacancies occurring if students leave during the year, or withdraw from a place that has been offered.
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||16th April 2020||18th May 2020|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.