How to apply
The academy will admit 30 reception year students each September
Admissions are managed through the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham's school admissions team. Information on Ark Conway Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure, which you can pick up from the council offices. Copies will also be available from most nurseries and early years centres.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the Hammersmith and Fulham website here. Please note that admissions for entry into Reception class 2021 close on 15th January 2021.
Ark Conway Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the academy is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with education and health care plans (EHCPs), where the academy is named on the EHCP. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- the remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
For full details, please see the admissions policy available here:
The local authority will keep a waiting list which is used to fill casual vacancies occurring if students leave during the year, or withdraw from a place that has been offered.
In- year Admissions
We currently have spaces in Year 5 and Year 6 classes.
For enquiries for places at Ark Conway Primary Academy, please contact the school office on 020 3249 1180. Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com
If you wish to apply for a place in any year group, please contact Admissions at London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham on 020 8753 1085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to Covid-19 restrictions it may not be possible to hold appeal panel hearings in the usual way this year. The Department for Education has now issued revised guidelines for Admissions Authorities on how appeals should be dealt with. Appeals will be heard during May/June/July; all appellants will be contacted by the independent appeals clerk to explain the process, which will be the same for all Ark Schools.
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||16th April 2021||17th May 2021|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.